Alternator swap

To: "Roadsters" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Alternator swap
From: "Paul" <9laser3@bright.net>
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2006 19:21:30 -0500
  If anybody is keeping track of alternators that fit well in a late model
1600, I found the boxes that mine came in.  It is a NAPA Raylock #213-4011
and I had to get a special plug to use with it, a NAPA Echlin #VRC148.  It
was easy to fit it on the passenger side of the R16 using an early roadster
mounting bracket.  I think it was a 45 amp alt, but I'm not sure.  I ran
this one for years before swapping in the KA24E.  One wire to a 12v source
( I ran it to the power wire for the radio) and one big wire straight to the
battery.  Easy install!

  Back to cleaning out the closets.  Who knows what I'll find under the next
layer!

Paul
Ohio