Re: Road Am

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Road Am
From: Steve Jacobson <jake7140@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 9 May 2007 22:29:47 -0700 (PDT)
Ken,
Yes, most race weekends do touring.  For the Spring Vintage,
lunchtime touring is listed for Fri, Sat and Sun.  Its a good 20-30
mins (as I recal), starts out slow, but as things spread out you can
run it up. No dive-bombing cars in the corners though. Of course any
4-off agricultural experience will get you kicked out, and in the
gravel usually will delay/close the session for all.

I was planning on driving the roadster up from Racine with some
friends and a '67 Caprice, maybe a '56 Chevy panel, and using the
touring as a pre-race, get a feel for it test/warm up.

Then the Blackhawk Vintage (VSCDA) weekend (Father's Day weekend),
Friday test day and Sat/Sun racing. Then the ultimate goal, racing in
the July Historics or "Kohler Historics with Brian Redmann" or
whatever they're calling it this year.  (This and the June Sprints
are what the ELR&SS has been spectating for over 30 years.).  Then
maybe the Fall Vintage weekend.

As car and plans get firmed up, I'll post on my website,
nonameracing.com and try to update the group.  But I'll be red #3 or
33 (Bob Sharp look-alike),and any and all visitors are always
welcome. As my site says, bend an elbow, twist a wrench.

Would love to join up with some others roadsters and have a great
vintage trip up on the 20th though.

> Date: Tue, 8 May 2007 08:20:11 -0500
> From: "Ken & Tammy" <wilhouse@charter.net>
> Subject: Speaking of Road America
>
> .....RA also has a
> few race
> weekends that allow you (for a price ($75??)) to tour the road
> course in your
> own vehicle.  I am guessing there are speed limits, etc etc to
> prevent you
> from doing untold things while on the track, but maybe one of you
> out there
> know?  Can you imagine trekking up there, and having a bunch of
> Datsun's
> touring the RA course?  Maybe this is our year for a Widwest Datsun
> event.
> Ken Williams
> '67 1600 just out of dusty storage for the year
> Janesville, WI

Steve

Steve's Racing web site
  www.NoNameRacing.com
Elkhart Lake Racing & Sipping Society home
  www.elrss.com