message for Greg Gill

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: message for Greg Gill
From: "Craig Halsted" <chalsted@adelphia.net>
Date: Sun, 27 May 2007 12:01:24 -0400
Hi Greg,

I tried to reply straight to you on your e-mail, but it bounced back with
the notation "permanent failure: other address status" whatever that means.
here's a copy of what I sent off...

Hi Greg,

R engines are 1600's. 1500 engines have G serial numbers and 1500 cast into
the side of the block about half way down slightly towards the front I
believe on the passenger side- 1 1/2 to 2 inches high. can't miss it.
there's a club in the Seattle area that meets
once a month, lots of folks with roadsters up your way. Gordon Glasgow, Pete
Peters, and Tana Bryan are all up near you. I think Gordon and Tana both
live in Renton. some of the earliest 1500's were actually built at the end
of the production run with twin carbs instead of the single carb the first
300 supposedly had. it is believed the first production 1500 to come off the
line was #00076, owned by Mike Unger. I have a prototype 1500 that was the
NY auto show car but it has it's own special serial number and the block
number is like 20,000 numbers below the block number for #76. #00003 is a
twin carb car built at the end of the production run. the G motors
were also used in other applications besides roadsters. also might want to
see if the vin tags match the chassis stamps located on the frame rail just
below the carbs- maybe the vin tags got switched....

Craig