Since things are quiet--rear end question

To: "'Datsun List'" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Since things are quiet--rear end question
From: "Tim Waltz" <printner@att.net>
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2007 10:25:42 -0600
We don't want things too quiet on the list, so I'll ask my latest question.

Background:  Had my rear axle case acid dipped to clean off all of the gunk.
Came back looking beautiful, but the dipping exposed all kinds of weld
"bb's" that need to be cleaned up before I paint.  It also exposed the ends
of the axle--which appear to be machined and then pressed into the main
body.  Who'd a thunk that?

Anyway, where these ends are pressed in is the seam just at the outer edge
of where the U-joints mount.  Looking inside the axle case with a
flashlight, I noticed a trace of a blue silicone-like material where that
seem was.

So the question is--what can I use to re-seal the inside of this seam so it
doesn't leak???

TIA

Tim
67.5 1600 resto