Re: SoCal Mini Iron Bottom Run, Saturday 6/16/07

To: "Fergus OFarrell" <fergus06@socal.rr.com>,
Subject: Re: SoCal Mini Iron Bottom Run, Saturday 6/16/07
From: "Stephen Wan" <steve@olsonarchitect.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2007 10:48:20 -0700
Just got some new shoes installed for the Mini Iron Bottom run at wallyworld
which I ordered through dscount tire direct.
First it took them almost an hour they got the wheels off the car. Apparently
being first in line for tire installation didn't save me any time.  Then they
tried putting the lift under the body instead of the frame.
Hello! it's not a unibody chassis!   When they were finally done, there was so
little clearance for the front wheel that the brake caliper scraped of the
tape weights so they had to rebalance again.

So I'm ready to go with my makeshift bikini top made from a curtain to to
shade me from the sun.
I admit it looks funny attached to a low windshield roll bar in a high
windshield car, but for 200 miles, function presides over fashion.

It looks like we are going to have a good turnout of 8-9 roadsters for the
run:

http://www.311s.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=6216&postdays=0&postorder=asc&star
t=0

Steve