clarification on rear end question

To: "'Datsun List'" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: clarification on rear end question
From: printner@att.net
Date: Sat, 16 Jun 2007 20:07:05 +0000
I mis-typed a couple things.  The seam I'm talking about is where the ends of
the axle case are pressed into the body of the axle case, and their location is
at the outer edges of where the U-bolts hold the case to the leafs.   Hopefully
that makes more sense.

--------------

Background:  Had my rear axle case acid dipped to clean off all of the gunk.
Came back looking beautiful, but the dipping exposed all kinds of weld
"bb's" that need to be cleaned up before I paint.  It also exposed the ends
of the axle CASE --which appear to be machined and then pressed into the main
body OF THE AXLE CASE.

Anyway, where these ends are pressed in is the seam just at the outer edge
of where the U-BOLTS mount.  Looking inside the axle case with a
flashlight, I noticed a trace of a blue silicone-like material where that
seem was.

So the question is--what can I use to re-seal the inside of this seam so it
doesn't leak???