Re: gas line

To: oliver <sumton@sbcglobal.net>
Subject: Re: gas line
From: Pat Horne <roadsters@hornesystemstx.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2007 12:14:11 -0500
Oliver,

That configuration was used when there was a glass sediment bowl fitted.
If you notice, just rearward of where the hard line ends there is a flat
metal tab sticking out from the inner fender with a hole in it. This was
the mount for the sediment bowl. The hard line went directly into the
sediment bowl without any hose. There was also a hard line that went
from the outlet of the sediment bowl to a hose to the fuel pump inlet. I
can't look at my car now, but I THINK there was a hose in the line to
the fuel pump, but in my mind I can't see it.

If you decide to cut off that line and use hose to connect up your
filter, be sure to put a bit of a flare on the end of the line to help
keep the hose from sliding off. I had that happen with an automatic
transmission line which wasn't under pressure either. Made for quite a
mess, but luckily we caught it in time to not damage the transmission!

Peace,
Pat

Thusly spake oliver:

--
Pat Horne, Owner, Horne Systems
(512) 797-7501 Voice            5026 FM 2001