wohoo!!!!!

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: wohoo!!!!!
From: "oliver" <sumton@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2007 22:32:53 -0500
big day!!!!  after over two years of silence, we ran the engine on the early
67 1600!!!!

it all started with needing to replace the clutch.  then the body came off,
got repainted, and a new interior is planned!

the fuel pump is no longer working, but since i had thought about switching
to an electric, well, guess i will.

there's virtually no wiring in the car; new wiring is also on the agenda.

first - special thanks to those of you who pointed me to the location of the
oil sending unit - that's plugged in and working.

then one more question - i think its an oil pressure warning light sensor?
towards the back of the block, down near the oil filter and oil pressure
sensor, there is another hole
in the block that spurted oil wonderfully onto the garage floor.

can someone send me/point me to a picture of this sensor so i can dig it out
and plug it in?  i've got a bolt in there now.

and while i'm asking - what's the recommended pressure for the (not quite on
the) radiator cap?

thanks!!! ever upward and onward!!!!

http://www.ranteer.com/davescars/datsun/DSCN1274.JPG

http://www.ranteer.com/davescars/datsun/DSCN1267.JPG

(there's no water in the engine - haven't got all the plumbing done yet)