what first?

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: what first?
From: dansummers@comcast.net
Date: Sun, 08 Jul 2007 22:45:53 +0000
I was given what I believe is a 68 Roadster. It's tag reads SRL311-03496. It is
in poor condition having been left out in the New Mexico sun for 8 years. When
it was parked it was a running vehicle with a break problem. The owner ordered
a new master cylinder and received the wrong one. His son was born and it sat
there till I went and picked it up.

It has no good plastic or vinyl left the seats are ok but not good, It basicly
needs a new interior. The only rust is the floor on the passengers side other
than that the car is solid. There are a few small dings but the body seems to
be in good shape no bondo. I believe the chrome  can be polished to acceptable.
I have turned the engine over by rocking it in gear so it is not frozen. There
are some problems with the electrical system, the lights come on but the
starter gets no juice. I have found several wires that have been severed. The
gas tank was a mess I took it out and disposed of the gas and cleaned it out
and it seems fine.

Thats as far as I have gotten. I would like to get it back to being a driver. I
have limited dollars but lots of patience and time. I just don't know were to
start.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Dan
dansummers@comcast.net