RE: 68 Datsun Problems

To: "'Charles Kyle'" <chuckkyle@mac.com>,
Subject: RE: 68 Datsun Problems
From: "Pete Peters" <ppeters914@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2007 11:57:27 -0700
Did it ever run properly? What changed between then and all the stuff you've
done attempting to resolve the issue?

I would first verify the thermostat, water temp and oil gauges are working
properly. You wouldn't be the first one to install a new, faulty thermostat.

If those check out, then I'd be wondering about the one thing you haven't
mentioned; electricity, i.e. the ignition and/or wiring. Is there something
close enough to the exhaust manifold that might cause a problem once it
heats up, i.e. after 45 minutes or so?

Pete