Cant turn engine off

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Cant turn engine off
From: Stan <stathy@shaw.ca>
Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2007 14:51:01 -0700
I decided to scare the neighbors and take my shirt off and wash the car for
the first
time this year.
I had a lot of cut polish spray inside the engine compartment so I thought I'd
also
wash that out also.

After everything dried up I started the roadster up and drove it into the
garage but
for some reason it would not turn off!
I should let you know that I have my ignition switch seperated from the
housing (the part where you insert your
key) so i use a screw driver to start it up but I've done it this way for the
past year with no issues.

Is it possible that water got some place where it shouldn't in the engine
compartment
and is causing my engine not to turn off? or, are there any other
explanations.

It's been 2 days now and still the same problem.  Good thing that it runs bad
enough
that I can stall it out with the clutch.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Stan
1969- 1600