[Roadsters] Mercedes rod bearing

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: [Roadsters] Mercedes rod bearing
From: philip erickson <fj20spl311@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2007 20:30:18 -0800 (PST)
I have used Mercedes rod bearing...Been a long time...I think they are a little
wider and the tang is in a different position (side).....otherwise almost the
same size.

  I have used chevy and other rods (after market - mostly CROWER as they are
here is San Diego)  on "offset" crank grinds (stroker).

  One thing that is not intutive is a smaller diameter crank journal is better
for higher RPM.  It has to do with the speed of the bearing wiping the crank.
You might also gain from the lighter rod and you could also increase the length
for a different ratio.

  Phil