Re: [Roadsters] Harnesses, not helmets...

To: <racery@comcast.net>, "roadster list"
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] Harnesses, not helmets...
From: "Gordon Glasgow" <gsglasgow@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2007 15:56:34 -0800
The only reason I can think of to not allow helmet use on the street is that
it impedes your hearing and you might not hear emergency vehicles as easily.
That's also why it is illegal in WA to wear headphones in a car, too.

Of course some of these stereo systems do a much "better" job of impeding
hearing than any helmet. Those guys are all gonna be deaf by the time
they're thirty anyway.

Kinda reminds me of the rock band in the "Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy"
series. I think they were called "Demolition Zone." Best listening location
was in a hardenend concrete bunker 30 miles from the stage. The band played
from a ship in orbit around the planet.

Gordon Glasgow
Renton, WA