Re: [Roadsters] Jack info: was Original Emergency Jack - Looking

To: <ljordan704@netscape.net>, <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] Jack info: was Original Emergency Jack - Looking
From: "Matthew A. Smith" <matthews517@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2008 11:52:30 -0500
Linda,

I know it's been a while since this subject, but here goes. I have this
exact jack in Loreli's trunk:

http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_6970_200313500
_200313500

I also carry two 16" long 2"x4"s JUST IN CASE it's horribly muddy. The wide
front roller, instead of wheels, helps keep it from burying itself in soft
dirt. It tucks in quite nicely between the spare and the wheel-well, up
against the wall of the cab). This puts the weight (like 20ish lbs or so)
right over the axle. It also fits down the fender well if you're carrying
the one small tool box you MUST carry at all times. AND, it's pretty, pretty
blue!!!

The stock "door wrecker" jack sits in the corner of my living room and has a
fake Black rose sticking out of the top!!! :-)

Odd that 48 of Northern Tool's 61 stores are in the "South" HAHAHAHAHA!
(Insert intro to "Freebird" here!)!!!

I'm fortunate that there is a Northern Tool here in town. I often spend an
hour or two in there on a Saturday morning, after I get my coffee from
Starbucks and a cinnamon roll from the donut shop. :-)

Matt Smith

  _____