Re: [Roadsters] Compression test re: engine health

To: "Ritchie Labate" <rlabate@sbcglobal.net>, "Datsun Roadster blog"
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] Compression test re: engine health
From: "Gary and Cindy Ault" <aultgc@att.net>
Date: Sat, 5 Apr 2008 23:02:43 -0500
Ritch,

Send the carbs to Z-Therapy. Worth every penny.  Then assess whether you
have other problems.

145 psi isn't great, but compression values depend so much on the gauge and
other factors that I would hesitate to approve or condem any engine on the
basis of compression readings alone.  Did you have the clutch in and the
accelerator pedal to the floor when you cranked the motor?  Uniformity of
readings is more important than most other parameters, especially when you
say the car is not burning oil.

Others on the list may have more expert opinions.

Gary Ault