[Roadsters] 1500 Distributor?

To: "Garth Cuthbert" <gcuthber@telus.net>, "Datsun Roadster List"
Subject: [Roadsters] 1500 Distributor?
From: "Daryl Smith" <drlsmith@dccnet.com>
Date: Sun, 6 Apr 2008 22:05:13 -0700
I have a distributor which I took out of my 1600 years ago because I was told
it was a 1500 dizzy and I would get better performance with a 1600 dizzy.

It has a copper/brass?? plaque rivetted on it which says:
Distributor
D407-02
4040293
Hitachi Ltd.

It is a little bit different than the 1600. Smaller cap, cast iron, flattened
rod sticking out the front looks like it might be for some sort of adjustment.
It seemed to work very well when it was on the car. Was rebuilt by Bob Sr. @
Toyo Motors in Richmond, BC. (mid/late '80s)

I can send pictures tomorrow if anyone is interested.

My question is:
Is this of use to any of the 1500 owners?
If not, Could the core be used for an EI dizzy? (Same bottom end??)

Cheers
Daryl