Re: [Roadsters] (didn't know I was) Anal - Roadster Clock Question

To: "'peter harrison'" <granvillecomputing@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] (didn't know I was) Anal - Roadster Clock Question
From: "Brian Hollands" <bhollan4@tampabay.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Apr 2008 18:38:14 -0400
--===============1426262280==

I asked the same thing several years ago.
This is the response I got - for a high windshield car by the way...

THERE IS A SMALL HOLE ON THE BACK OF THE CLOCK, BEHIND APPROX. THE 8 O'CLOCK
POSITION, MADE TO ACCEPT A MEDIUM-SIZED JEWELER'S SCREWDRIVER (= 3 1/2"
LONG, 1/8" WIDE BLADE, AT MOST).

THE HOLE MAY BE FILLED WITH A WHITE, PLASTIC PLUG THAT YOU HAVE TO REMOVE
WITH YOUR FINGERNAILS FIRST WHILE WORKING BEHIND THE DASH, WITHOUT BENEFIT
OF SIGHT.

ONCE THE HOLE IS EXPOSED, YOU (BLINDLY) INSERT THE JEWELER'S SCREWDRIVER.

NON-OBVIOUS HINT: IT MAY HELP TO MOVE THE TEMP. LEVER TO 'HOT' TO GIVE YOU
MORE ROOM TO WORK BEHIND THE CLOCK!

TO SPEED UP THE CLOCK, TURN THE SCREWDRIVER CLOCKWISE USING THE BACK OF THE
CLOCK AS THE FRAME OF REFERENCE.  (THAT IS, YOU TURN THE SCREW
COUNTER-CLOCKWISE RELATIVE TO THE FRONT FACE OF THE CLOCK TO SPEED IT
UP.)  THAT IS TURN THE SCREWDRIVER TOWARDS THE 'F' (FOR 'FASTER').

DO THE OPPOSITE, i.e., TURN THE SCREWDRIVER TOWARDS 'S' TO SLOW DOWN THE
CLOCK.

I'D SAY THAT ABOUT 1/8 TURN WILL ADJUST THE CLOCK BY ABOUT 5 MINUTES/DAY.

I HOPE THAT THIS HELPS.

GOOD LUCK!

TEDDY
69 2000