Re: [Roadsters] Hood River Run postponed due to snow!

To: "Hall, Phillip B. \(MSFC-ED03\)" <Phillip.B.Hall@nasa.gov>, "Leigh
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] Hood River Run postponed due to snow!
From: "E Scanlon" <escanlon@wa-net.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2008 11:31:07 -0700
I lived in Michigan and Iowa for a total of 16 years, and I can tell you for
a fact that it isn't the snow...
it's the driver's who think snow is just stiff rain, and they're the same
ones that don't drive so well in the rain.

Around here, snow...period...receives round the clock - break into your
favorite show news coverage.  A fact that my wife STILL find hilarious after
being here 18 years.  "Snow Watch 200X", or StormWatch or some other catch
phrase....with the intro line "And three snow flakes have been observed in
the west hills, with reports coming in that they might take Max
downtown....."  and all this over less than an inch of snow.  Why?  Well,
because the average driver in this part of the valley simply does NOT know
how to drive in it.  I once observed a person in a front wheel drive car
accelerate from a light so hard that they spun the tires... and promptly got
stuck....only to accelerate MORE!!  That car ended up stuck in less than an
inch of snow because they melted a hole with the tire's friction.

As much as I would like to make it, the Roadster is just not yet ready.  So
I was going to drive the Z....which kind of defeats the purpose of joining a
bunch of Roadster owners for a drive....in a Z.

So I concur, since I had held off on confirming based on whether I could get
the Roadster finished or not.

Enrique