[Roadsters] Roadster Trailer Lights Connector Wiring Question

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: [Roadsters] Roadster Trailer Lights Connector Wiring Question
From: aiken1315@bellsouth.net
Date: Sat, 26 Apr 2008 15:52:05 +0000
I built a small cargo trailer to pull behind my roadster to The Mitty.  I have
wired the trailer 4-prong wiring connector to my car tail light wires and can
not get both the trailer running lights and brake lights to work together.
Blinkers hooked up easily and are good.  There are two wires and a ground wire
that go to the tail lights.  Using process of elimination I initially tried
wiring the tail light connector wire to each tail light wire separately and
they would only worked separately (duh).  I then spliced the wire from the tail
light connector and attached each spliced wire to a tail light  wire and still
only the brake lights work - no running lights on the trailer.  Any suggestions
or experience in getting both to work? I know everyone has experience pulling a
trailer with a roadster :>).

David
Daily driver 66
Rusted, but titled 67.5 and a completely torn down 70 in the garage that my
wife keeps asking questions about