[Roadsters] Solvang 2008 Pics!!

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Roadsters] Solvang 2008 Pics!!
From: Alvin Gogineni <gogineni.alvin@gene.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2008 10:05:14 -0700
We had a blast at Solvang! This year we camped at the RV park in Buellton:

Phil was also close by with his tent and roadster, I could hear his FJ
warming up in the am :D

Friday night we headed over to the gas station museum around 9pm and I
saw/heard a silver roadster whiz by, it had a turbo!! I knew I couldn't
sleep without seeing under the hood. It was a car Kevin Desirello made for a
customer and it was simply CRAZY! Kevin gave me a ride and I was so
overwhelmed I gave him a hug afterwards. THis is the fastest roadster I have
been in, maybe in existence!

-Eagle eyes will notice a "Spriso" mod with the intake/outlet piping through
the fenders.

In short, it has a S14SR20DET with a disco potato turbo, complete BOLT-in
Ford 8.8. w disc brakes, Z32TT front brakes, fmic, injectors and a stereo
system that made me feel like in was sitting in a Lexus. It hazed the tires
in 1st, 2nd AND 3rd gears!!! Here's short video clip:

ttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34B0D6Ucats

It blew my mind. Contact Kevin if you want one!

On to the show, some highlights:

-I finally saw the luche libre Panamerica race car:

-Gary Wasserman's super-rare "purple" lightweight roadster:

-Ron gave me a copy of his Hemmings magzine feature, I forgot to make him
sign his autograph!

-ed mason's recent, and brilliant 67.5 SRL completion:

-Tim and Will Miner, 'nuf said:

-new-style panasports

-I enjoyed talking/meeting 311s folks in person, sorry If I missed your car
I has serious heat exhaustion issues.

I heard we had 80+ cars this year, thanks to Jeff T. and co. for putting on
a great show!!!

Enjoy the pics!

http://rides.webshots.com/album/563234651HmkKBI