Re: [Roadsters] Sliding Roadster from Solvang 2007

To: peter harrison <granvillecomputing@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] Sliding Roadster from Solvang 2007
From: Pat Horne <roadsters@hornesystemstx.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2008 08:12:12 -0500
Peter,

What you are referring to is stroboscopic effect. It is the same
principal as used in a timing light. The camera scans a frame at 30 or
60 times a second. If the wheel spokes are in the same visual position
each frame, they will look like they are standing still. I've seen
movies where the wheels of a car or wagon appear to be turning backward
because of this effect. It does look really strange!

Peace,
Pat

Thusly spake peter harrison:

--
Pat Horne, Owner, Horne Systems
(512) 797-7501 Voice            5026 FM 2001