Re: [Roadsters] towing

To: robert k. smith <rksmith46@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] towing
From: Fred Katz <roadster@astound.net>
Date: Sat, 17 May 2008 23:04:32 -0700
On May 17, 2008, at 4:23 PM, robert k. smith wrote:
> <snip>

> p.s. my tow bar attached in where the bumper brackets bolt to the
> frame.>

I think I recall Phyllis Almazan telling me of a bad incident, where
the frame bracket weld broke free causing both vehicles to wipe out.
Might want to check with her to see if I recall right.

I've got a tow-bar like that, and haven't had a problem flat towing a
roadster. Just make sure you have long bolts with nuts going through
the frame and tow-bar brackets, just in case the welds on the frame
break. Don't just rely on bolting to the metal that's welded to the
frame (that the bumper brackets use).

Fred Katz - So.SF