Re: [Roadsters] quiet

To: "John Klingman" <jklingman@stny.rr.com>, "datsun-roadsters:
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] quiet
From: "Tom @ Datsun2000" <tom@datsun2000.com>
Date: Sat, 24 May 2008 19:33:54 -0700
Too busy working on Mr. Hyde.

I spent most of the day designing and building a mount for a hydrogen
generator in the trunk.  I have already modified an air cleaner base to feed
the hydrogen gas to the carb air intake.  If it works I can go back to
regular gas (requires super now) and the engine will think it has 108 octane
fuel.  Maybe the mileage will increase too.  I am hoping to have it all in
and working for the trip the Shasta.  My Kia computer was confused by this
system and actually fed more gas to the engine.  The Lexus SC400 has 4
oxygen sensors to deal with, so Mr. Hyde is my test vehicle.

I installed a vortex generator in the Lexus a couple of days ago.  So far
the way the gas gauge is falling slower it looks like the mileage is
improved, but I have not actually put gas into the tank since I filled it
after the installation was complete.  I will let the list know how it works
after a tank or two.  For now it feels smoother (could be my imagination)
and I don't drive the car hard (that's Mr. Hyde's job), so I don't know if
the claimed power increase is real or not.  The cost was very reasonable,
and I should recover the cost a couple of times over in just one oil change
interval with just a modest increase in mileage.

http://www.sccoupe.com/images/turbo/side-front_view-500.jpg
http://www.sccoupe.com/images/turbo/installed_view-1-500.jpg

Tom
69 2000 - Mr. Hyde