[Roadsters] GM Alternator Swap

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Roadsters] GM Alternator Swap
From: "Steve Harvey" <stebharvey@ameritech.net>
Date: Sun, 3 Aug 2008 05:07:08 -0700
Thanks to all for the information on installing a new GM alternator. Tim
came over to Milwaukee with his 1600 so I had a sample car to look at and do
the swap. I can truly say that yesterday was the first time I've seen my amp
gauge go to the right of center. Yippy!

After I started the car for the first time I backed it out of the garage and
Tim yelled that I should shut off the motor asap. I got out of the car and
saw a 2.0" wide path of fuel on the driveway. On closer inspection I felt a
large amount of fuel under the bottom of the fuel pump. The in and out fuel
lines are secure and not leaking. Is it possible that the fuel pump housing
is cracked? In case the problem is a failed gasket, is there a rebuild kit
for the fuel pump? Tim stated that I have to remove the right side motor
mount to get the fuel pump out from the block, true or false? Does the 2000
engine use the same fuel pump?

Thanks

P.S. On our road trip last weekend I smelled fuel in the engine compartment
and now I know why.