Re: [Roadsters] Best source for selling a roadster

To: chalsted@comcast.net
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] Best source for selling a roadster
From: "gregs672liter@netzero.net" <gregs672liter@netzero.net>
Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2008 16:37:11 GMT
Dear listers, ya, I know I should probably not write this as it is not really
"Roadster" related (but to me it is), but when I read this posting by Craig,
my heart just sank.  I watch what goes on in politics, business, and society,
and I just ask "Where is the Honor and Integrity?"   I work in an ER as a
Social Worker, 9 years as a therapist, so I have no illusions about people.
But I mean really... at the end of the day you should be able to look yourself
in the mirror and hold your head high... not because you have money, status, a
nice car, etc, but because you have Honor, no matter what.  I know that in any
group you are going to have people who share your interest in things and
hobbies (Roadsters in this case) who do not have Honor, but the vast majority
of my experiences with "Roadster people" have been positive.  ALL my friends
in the past 25 years have come from my Roadster.  People like what Craig has
recently experienced are not truly Roadster people to me.  They lack Honor.  I
guarantee that lack will come back to haunt them... just ask any of the
hundreds of people I have worked with.  And then they wonder why their lives
are so screwed up.  Duh.
If I am reaching anyone out there who lacks Honor and Integrity, it is not too
late to change your ways.  It is not hard.  You just do it.  Do it today.  You
make the choice.  You don't bullshit yourself anymore.  I've watched some
people who were pretty low in life step up.  You can too.
And now, back to our regularly scheduled Roadster discussion...
"And so there I was, doing at least 130mph, when I shifted out of 3rd gear,
and the guy in the Porsche is just lookin' at me, and I see actual fear on his
face, and his girlfriend is kinda given me the eye..."
Greg Burrows, M.S.
67 2000
Bonney Lake, WA

-- "chalsted" <chalsted@comcast.net> wrote:
on a recent such deal, I ended up receiving 1/4   yes 25%  of what the
seller had told me he would give me if I sold the car for him at the price I
sold it for him at- and further told me if I so much as mentioned his name
or complained or slandered him (don't believe it's slander if I tell the
truth and I have all the e-mails) he would make sure I didn't get a penny.