Re: [Roadsters] Sun-visor/rear-view mirror screws,

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] Sun-visor/rear-view mirror screws,
From: "O'Farrell, Fergus" <Fergus.OFarrell@ngc.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2008 13:30:56 -0500
<<  Any nifty tricks for solving my new problem of broken screw
extraction?  >>

Now this one I have done, both to mine and with Eric on his car.

-if sharp and angled, (usally is) dremel a bit off so you have a flat
-use a center punch to mark a divot so your drill stays put
-1/8" or smaller drill bit, make a small hole.  Use coolant, take your
time, these break easily.
-drill incrementally larger holes until you can get an "EZ-Out" (just a
pseudonym, not really that easy), which for this small size is not
reverse threaded, it is more commonly a square peg that you pound into
the round hole and twist with a wrench
-I was finaly successful just drilling larger and larger until all the
remains fell out, then tapped it for one size larger.

Good luck, get comfy, you'll be there a while.

Fergus O