Re: [Roadsters] Brake Repairs

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] Brake Repairs
From: DickSchnei@aol.com
Date: Sat, 9 Aug 2008 16:48:41 EDT
Herb,

I appreciate the suggestion, but my frugal nature enters in here.  The
brakes are nearly new, both the front rotors and the rear drums, and work very
well right now.  This was verified both from a visual check with the wheels
off
and some simulated panic stops.  I have some other items that are more
pressing, like a new top.  If I could get away with simply adding the  correct
arms/levers it would probably fit in with my budget a bit better.

Why do roadster owners fit 240z brakes on these cars, anyway?  Do they  stop
the car better
or are they less expensive?  As I understand it, some work needs to be  done
to accomplish this.

I will consider going back to stock, but I will need to determine what
hardware is needed.

Thanks,

Dick Schneiders

In a message dated 8/9/2008 2:57:25 P.M. Central Daylight Time,