Re: [Roadsters] 2000 Carbs wanted, solex or SU

To: <geegc@aol.com>, <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] 2000 Carbs wanted, solex or SU
From: "robert k. smith" <rksmith46@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2008 21:59:20 -0400
hi gary, hang in there- and when(not if) you get it
sorted out, it will be worth it all. remember, it will
still do 100mph in third, with su carbs. it just takes
tick longer to reach it. ive never liked the solexes
for the street. you get great top end, but you cant
beat the low and mid-range, and over all drivability
 the su's give. you can still get an extra set of su
needles and  re-contour the middle part of the needle
to give a little more ommph.
 good luck,      bob smith, ohio
                      69 srl311
From: geegc@aol.com> Subject: [Roadsters] 2000 Carbs wanted, solex or SU> > I
am very frustrated. My black 1968 2000 runs with old-style Solex > carbs which
have been a never-ending source of trouble. They have been > sent back east to
a list member for rebuilding and still do not work > properly. The front carb
continues to leak and does not idle probably. > My mechanic, Skip Miller, is
beside himself and would like to get the > car out of the shop after four
months.> > The problem has to be with these carbs because the car runs
fabulously > well with a borrowed set of SUs.> > Does anyone have an old-style
Solex carburetor (I only need the front > one) that they want to sell?> > Does
anyone have a full set of 2000 SU carbs in good working condition > that they
would like to sell?> > Does anyone want to buy a B cam Solex car with a bad
Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html> > You are subscribed as
http://www.team.net/archive> >