[Roadsters] Solex carb Q answered - only semi off-topic

To: "'Datsun-Roadsters@Autox. Team. Net'"
Subject: [Roadsters] Solex carb Q answered - only semi off-topic
From: "Matthew A. Smith" <matthews517@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2008 14:27:54 -0400
Hi All,

I just wanted to pass along another resource for our little community. This
could be helpful, especially to those who are also "Dimers".

Wolfcreekracing.com is the address. While putting back together my U20
Solex, I was wondering what those two little blocked off hose barbs coming
out from the bottom of my carbs were (late style 44PHH Solexes). The Mikuni
American manual didn't tell me. Mikuni American Corp couldn't tell me. They
directed me to Todd. I left him a message asking my question. He called me
back in a BIG HURRY (2-3 minutes actually). Todd told me what they were,
that they were not used in my particular application, and the exact size of
the part used to block them off.

The site has a really cool classified section! Don't forget to check it out!

Thanks Todd!

Thanks for the bandwidth, List,

Matt Smith (70' SRL 311 Solex)

In Search Of. More power than is safe, necessary, and/or reasonable!  :-)