[Roadsters] grounded starter--different question

To: "datsun-roadsters: autox.team.net" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Roadsters] grounded starter--different question
From: Tim <tputland@charter.net>
Date: Sat, 18 Oct 2008 10:20:53 -0700
Once I got the starter grounded to the frame, she fired right up. And no, I
never did run a ground strap from the positive lead into the starter, I just
could not see any other bolts at that time. I was not really "looking" at the
starter correctly--AGAIN, read the last line in my signature.

Here is my "different question":

Why is it that the car used to start, and quite easily, this past summer, with
NO gound from the starter to the frame? Then once I had time to address the
brakes last month, the starter would no longer turn the motor??

Thanks

Getting a little less clueless every day!

Tim
Belleville, WI.
'70 SPL AND SRL
Still clueless but always learning