[Roadsters] Frustrated over brakes

To: "'datsun-roadsters: autox.team.net'"
Subject: [Roadsters] Frustrated over brakes
From: "speeddemonrs" <speeddemonrs@cox.net>
Date: Thu, 5 Mar 2009 10:15:07 -0700
Hi all!!

So I finally decided that the Volvo brake conversion would be the way to go
in my situation. So I have been ordering and gathering all the parts, found
a machine shop locally that would be willing to take the rotor down the
required 1/8" in diameter and all was looking good. BUT!! When I removed the
rotor/hub assembly I am finding it VERY DIFFICULT (read impossible) to
separate the hub and the rotor. Is there some trick? I have begun to soak
the union with a penetrant (the name of this will not be mentioned to avoid
another discussion about what you use). Still this is acting like it is one
solid piece. A 5lb. hammer force has been applied to encourage separation,
but alas, the union remains. I have removed the obvious 4 bolts. There is a
plastic / rubber seal at one end of the hub, that is retaining the rear
bearing... does this need to be removed in order to get the two separated?
It does not appear that it does, but am running out of ideas on separating
these two pieces.

Thanks for any input ~

Robb Shannon
1966 SPL311