Re: [Roadsters] impact wrench

To: "Larry Braddock" <larrybraddock@ca.rr.com>,
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] impact wrench
From: "Gary and Cindy Ault" <aultgc@att.net>
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2009 20:30:04 -0500
Larry,

In the trades, there is a type of wrench which is referred to as a
"sluggin'" wrench, because it is designed to be snugged up, pressure put on
the bolt or nut, and struck with a BFH.  I've seen them used on steam
locomotives, but probably also on large bolts/nuts in other industries.
Conclusion:  Your suggestion is a good one, just don't overdue the hammer
part with a conventional socket.  Good way to crack one.  Impact socket is
better.

Gary