Re: [Roadsters] front suspension and brake bolts

To: <tputland@charter.net>, datsun roadster <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] front suspension and brake bolts
From: Pat Mahoney <dynaguy54@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 29 Mar 2009 17:09:30 -0700
Tim,  I used to sell bolt packs.  There is a complete listing  at the 311s.org
site in the PMWIKI section.  Look under Restoration tips, then Frame bolts,
What size bolts do our little cars take.  The caliper bolts are 1/2-20X 1-1/4"
with lock washer 4ea.  I highly recommend against buying bolts from Home Depot
and most local hardware stores.  There is a tremendous amount of counterfeit
gr.8 fasteners in the market place.  A quality supplier should be able to
provide you with lot traceability and certification that it meets specs.  Hope
this helps   Pat Mahoney '69 sr20 project

> Date: Sun, 29 Mar 2009 14:09:00 -0700
> From: tputland@charter.net
> To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
> Subject: [Roadsters] front suspension and brake bolts
>
> I am thinking that I want to use new bolts for the brake pistons and
suspension spindles when I put the new/refurbished parts on my 1600 this
spring.

> I did some searching on the 311.org site but didn't find any thing regarding
caliper bolts.

> A couple people out there sell bolt kits. Does either have the bolts for the
front brakes and/or suspension? Or does any one know where else I might buy
these bolts?