Re: [Roadsters] "old racing tricks" - upside down front shocks

To: steven boortz <vociferouschicanery@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] "old racing tricks" - upside down front shocks
From: Pat Horne <pat@hornesystemstx.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 2009 11:39:45 -0500
An easy way to determine if the shock can be installed upside down is to
put the bottom end of the shock against the floor or bench and compress
it a few times. This will be any air out of the cylinder. When you can
push and pull the shock and not feel any discontinuity in its movement
you are ready to try the same thing with the shock upside down. If you
don't detect any difference in movement then it shouldn't be a problem
to mount it upside down, but as others have said, check with the
manufacture, there may be something that will cause trouble later.

Peace,
Pat

Thusly spake steven boortz, On 4/15/2009 11:58 PM:

--
Pat Horne, Owner, Horne Systems
(512) 797-7501 Voice            5026 FM 2001