[Roadsters] Aussie 2009 Nissan Datsun Nationals

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Roadsters] Aussie 2009 Nissan Datsun Nationals
From: "David Jones" <djaes@optusnet.com.au>
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2009 21:23:20 +1000
Greetings fellow Roadster aficionados.

Over the period 8-17 April, my wife and I drove our 1968 SR311 (Solex)
Roadster from Melbourne to Warwick in Queensland via the direct inland
route.  We covered 1000+ kilometres the first day with not one problem.

After the Nationals, we drove south to Tamworth and then on to Newcastle,
Sydney and then down to Melbourne via the Hume Highway.  All up we covered
2579 miles or 4150kilometres over the ten days.  This also included 20+ laps
at Morgan Park Raceway to make the trip worthwhile.  We cruised
predominantly between 60mph (100 K/Hr) and 70mph (110K/Hr) with occasional
bursts way beyond the speed limits passing B-Double semi trailers and
caravans.

Some of the Aussie Nationals photos can be seen at
http://www.ndsoc.com.au/coppermine/thumbnails.php?album=89  and
http://www.zcarclubq.org.au/

We hope to make it back to the USA one day to go to the Solvang gathering.
The weather looked sensational for this year's event and it was fantastic to
see so many Roadsters in one place.

Safe Roadstering!

Regards,

Dave