Re: [Roadsters] Fw: Persistant Oil Leak!

To: "'Daryl Smith'" <drlsmith@dccnet.com>
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] Fw: Persistant Oil Leak!
From: "Brian Hollands" <bhollan4@tampabay.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 2009 11:20:16 -0400
Sounds to me like you've got a blockage in the crankcase vent.  It should be
putting out a reasonable pulse out of the valve cover at idle.  Check that
the vent isn't sealed up or filled with muck on the inside of the baffle at
the valve cover.  The vent nipple (we can say that now can't we) is held on
by three nuts.  Take it off and clean any crud out from underneath.  The
problem has to be excess crank case pressure.