[Roadsters] Center console question - Speaker box pix

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Roadsters] Center console question - Speaker box pix
From: "Matthew Smith" <whamba@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 6 May 2009 12:35:38 -0500
Hi Everyone,

Would someone be able to tell me if the back of the center console goes all
the way back to the "luggage shelf"? If it does not, how far from the
"shelf" does it end? Also, if the lid of the console is open, what is the
minimum clearance to the "shelf"?

I have built a semi-hidden speaker box for 6x9's which sits on the floor,
over the drive shaft tunnel, and has a few inches of clearance to the back
of the seats so it kind of blends in to the floor, instead of sitting on the
shelf and saying (Hey! There's a stereo in this car! STEAL IT!). It takes
into account the frame clearance bumps in the floor even though its 30"
long. It provides clearance for a roll bar as well. I have left the ends
open so the back-wave of the large speaker comes out on the far side of the
seat and provides kind of a surround sound for the bass.

Here are some pictures I took of the box while I was putting it together.
Today I'll be covering it with black felt.

http://community.webshots.com/album/571782855fXwwlc

I ask this because I built a custom center console, which ends about the
back of the seats, so I have no reference for the stock console. I would
like to build a few and offer them for sale at a reasonable price, since I'm
still out of work after 10 months.

Thanks, Matt Smith