[Roadsters] GPS speedo calibration

To: "datsun-roadsters: autox.team.net" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Roadsters] GPS speedo calibration
From: "RWM (Out of the Office)" <RWM@RWMann.com>
Date: Fri, 15 May 2009 06:51:17 -0400
I use an HP iPaq PocketPC GSM phone with integral GPS that is similarly
accurate, though typically indicating speed and position deviations when
driving in  heavy truck traffic, I'm guessing that's due to multipath
reflections.

On a recent trip I set the overspeed alert to 80 mph -- a bit above
surrounding traffic speed.  On arriving at the airport, I tossed it into
my briefcase.

All was well until the takeoff roll.  Forgetting that I had left the GPS
function on, at about (surprise) 70 knots (80 mph) the overspeed alert
started blaring -- and I started apologizing.

- Bob Mann, '68 2000 Solex

--
R.W. Mann & Company, Inc.   >>  Airline Industry Analysis
Port Washington, NY  11050  >>  tel 516-944-0900, fax -7280

This e-mail is for the designated recipient only and may contain
privileged or confidential information.  If you have received it
in error, please notify the above sender immediately then delete
the original e-mail.  Any other use of this e-mail is prohibited.