Re: [Roadsters] Datsun-roadsters dying

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] Datsun-roadsters dying
From: Toby B <RacerY@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 21 May 2009 19:54:37 -0700
> Last night my son's car died in the middle of the road. B We were able to
> determine what seems to be a "short" in the ignition switch. B We banged on
> the column and got it running, then it shorted out. B Any suggestions of if
> this is repairable or has to be replaced?

My '68 has this symptom- if you return it just a bit from the 'start'
position, it runs again.
The ignition circuit must have a small gap between 'start' and 'run',
and the detents aren't
quite lined up with the contacts.  I keep meaning to fix it, but it's
more of a feature
now than a fault...

Toby
Seattle