[Roadsters] Body work reference book recommendation?

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Roadsters] Body work reference book recommendation?
From: "O'Farrell, Fergus P (AS)" <Fergus.OFarrell@ngc.com>
Date: Fri, 22 May 2009 15:59:38 -0500
As you know I am of the "low budget" driver variety, and since a
re-paint is somewhere in my not too distant future, I am looking for
recommendations of any sort of how-to / reference book for the use of
hammers / dollies for home body work.
I am already adept at Bondo (makes a good fiberglass mold repair
material), but have the "typical" ripples in the tops of fenders, rear
bumper areas where the rubber caps have pushed into the rear fenders.
The few medium / big jobs will be the
1. front of the fenders adjacent to the apron, where the car was
obviously crashed and banged out.  The grille opening is a bit wonky,
(the Ford F-150 grille is so glaringly out-of-place that no one notices
the ripply frame around it...)   the seam below it obviously already
been filled.  With the headlite contents removed, you can see some
daylite thru the bucket on one side.
2. the front fenders are spot-welded to the car..... Yep, obviously
hiding some rust demons there, and have gone over the pics of Marc
Tyler's (sp?) repair / refab of this area
3. fill the mirror holes in the doors
4. have to have someone weld the top fo the driver door skin back onto
the jamb, it has a crack ~1-2" long coming from the window slot, on the
latch end

Thanks for the recommendations,
Fergus O, 69 2000    ("and comin' apart at the se-ams")