[Roadsters] Octane 87,89,91?

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: [Roadsters] Octane 87,89,91?
From: Tom PRATHER <tomet9@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Tue, 26 May 2009 09:13:17 -0700 (PDT)
Hello,
         On a basically stock U20 which I used to run with SU's I always ran
91 cause it used to run on after shutting off. Now that I'm running Quad
Mikuni's I no longer have that problem. I realize that by todays standards
(9.5-1) comp ratios are very mild. What are most of you U20/stock drivers
using? Am I ok running lower ratings as long as I'm not hearing pings or
detonations? Of course It's really hard to hear pinging with my Flatslides as
they have a unique character sound of their own. Just trying to get a major
concensus. Thanks,