Re: [Roadsters] Interior paint question

To: "Gregory S. Morrison" <gsm@gregorysmorrison.com>, Datsun Roadster
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] Interior paint question
From: "Hall, Phillip B. (MSFC-ED03)" <phillip.b.hall@nasa.gov>
Date: Thu, 28 May 2009 07:05:56 -0500
I think (Jon the gage guy can verify) the coating on the gages of a 67.5 is
black oxide.  It gives it a shiny black translucent appearance.  If you door
handles and console pieces are black oxide, then it could possibly be a
factory experiment.  A SEROCer has a early '66 with black gages - second owner
and first never had the gages out of the car.

If the parts are black oxide and not paint, someone went to a lot of trouble
or it is a possible factory experiment.  Personally I would keep it that way -
at least until you find the real answer then the true will set you free:)

Phil Hall
NASA/MSFC/ED03
Systems Engineering
work :   256-544-2525