Re: [Roadsters] re intermitant shaking

To: Autox <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] re intermitant shaking
From: Paul Bauman <plhbauman@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 02 Jun 2009 06:37:56 -0700
Tim:

A u-joint problem can appear suddenly, without anything in particular
causing it except for the u-joint going bad.

There is one thing you can try. Get the car out on the street and start
driving forward, stop and back up. If you hear a metallic pop like a
hammer hitting a pipe when you start to move, it's likely the u-joints.
Have someone stand next to the car when you do this. It can make
detecting the noise easier as it is sometimes not terribly loud.

If you don't hear any noise, it still can't hurt to take the driveshaft
to a driveline shop and have them look at it. I had mine done a few
months ago for less then 100 bucks.

Paul