[Roadsters] Group Harrington Stainless Steel Bumpers

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: [Roadsters] Group Harrington Stainless Steel Bumpers
From: Eric Isaacson <erik.isaksen@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 2009 22:03:17 -0400
Greetings,

I ran across this today on eBay:
Polished stainless steel bumper
sets<http://www.groupharrington.com/shine/datsun_roadster_fairlady.asp>

and their main homepage.
Harrington Group's Roadster
page<http://www.groupharrington.com/shine/datsun_roadster_fairlady.asp>

Does anyone have personal experience with this company or this product?  I
have a '68 1600 and managed to pick up a pair of '69 bumpers that were
rechromed (beautiful) and did not come with overriders.  I want to install
the bumpers with overriders so there will be some straightening and chrome
work on the pieces I have.  As I understand it, all '68's had a notched rear
bumper for the license plate light.  Is this correct or where there some
'68's that did not come with the notched rear bumper?  The chromed rear
bumper I have is not notched and does not have the mounting holes and I have
not yet come across the correct rear bumper for the car.  Honestly, these
polished stainless bumpers complete with overriders seem like a great way to
get the "correct parts" for the car.

Thoughts?

Eric Isaacson
Fort Wayne, IN