[Roadsters] Power steering

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: [Roadsters] Power steering
From: Embarq Customer <andycost@embarqmail.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 2009 14:03:51 -0400 (EDT)
Howdy race fans.  I am going to add power steering to my race car.  It seems
the easiest way to do it is to bolt in a power steering box.  I just don't know
if there is a power box out there that will bolt in easily.  I cna make
brackets and even do some cutting on the frame.  The tricky part is to get the
pitman shaft with the correct splines for the pitman arm and also getting the
location of the pitman arm exactly the same as the stock unit.

Another idea I had was to replace the center (drag) link with a power rack and
pinion.  I would then replace the steering box with a RHD idler assembly. To do
this I would need to verify that a RHD idler assembly will fit a LHD car and
then find one cheap.

Has anyone added power steering to their roadster other than cutting out the
cross member and mounting a rack?

Thanks,

Andy