Re: [Roadsters] Distributor work

To: "'Roadster list'" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] Distributor work
From: "Pete Peters" <ppeters914@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 28 Dec 2009 11:33:46 -0800
You do realize you replaced a non-smog advance curve distributor (the '66)
with a smog advance curve distributor (the '70), or does "...including the
weights and springs" means you put the '66 non-smog weights and springs into
the '70 smog dizzy?

Non-smog: 7.5, which produces 15 degrees of advance
Smog: 17.5, which produces 35 degrees of advance

More info in the 311s.org TechWiki:

<http://www.311s.org/pmwiki-311/pmwiki.php?n=TechSection.DistributorTroubleS
hootingByGaryBoone>

I'll let the dizzy guru's chime in with more.

Pete