[Roadsters] front suspension "leftovers", and a request

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Roadsters] front suspension "leftovers", and a request
From: "O'Farrell, Fergus P (AS)" <Fergus.OFarrell@ngc.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2010 14:07:50 -0500
The subject line sounds serious, but isn't.
My "leftovers" from my suspension rebuild are 2 ball joint boots, the
large ones for the lowers.  I forgot that Linda's ball joints came
already outfitted (with the nicer accordion style).
So I have a pair of the larger sized ones, brand new.

What I cannot figure out is that I must have forgot to count the drag
link tie rod ends when I ordered, so one would think I am two short of
the small size.

But, I have one left of the small size, so I need one more.

If anyone coming to Solvang wants to trade, or has an extra small one
they want to sell, let me know.
Otherwise I'll hit up the vendors, and if no one needs any of the larger
sized boots I'll make a bikini top for Dave Brisco, and he said he'd
model it at the bar-b-q.
(hope its not real cold, bad mental picture there)

Thanks, looking forward to seeing you all,
Fergus O

BTW: here's a short side jaunt road near Solvang that is a lot of fun:
http://sbc-rides.goption.com/StreetRides/hwy154/stagecoach/hyw154_stagec
oach.html

and details from the Wikipedia page regarding the large downslope in the
idle, called Devil's Slide, which includes some brake upgrade ideas?

The eastern, downslope side of the pass was named The Devil's Slide.
Various measures to keep the wagons from running out of control
included: using a windlass to help their wagon safely descend,
blindfolding their horses, using a system of steps cut into the
sandstone, and augmenting the wagon's brakes with chains as using brakes
alone was not enough to slow the descent. Another method used was to
simply lock the rear wheels in place using chains or a wooden rod
between the spokes.
Datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $16.00