[Roadsters] FW: More Info on Parade Laps at The Mitty

To: "'datsun-roadsters'" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Roadsters] FW: More Info on Parade Laps at The Mitty
From: "Paul" <9laser3@bright.net>
Date: Sat, 17 Apr 2010 19:47:43 -0400
  More info from David about the parade laps at the Mitty.

Hey Everybody,

I got another email from Tom at Grassroots Motorsports today. I forgot that
he is on the Mitty Updates email list I have. Anyway, he read my earlier
post and has come up with a great offer for us.

Here is what he wrote:

"Most, if not all, of your group is invited to be part of the BRE tribute
car event on Saturday as well. It doesn't have to be a full BRE livery to be
considered a tribute.

We want this session in particular to be chock full of Datsuns.

We'll have the most BRE-looking cars to the front, and fill in with other
Datsuns (510s, Z cars,  Fairlady, et al.) until we get to 100. (minus the
official BRE cars, so about 80 open spaces).

This should be a great photo opportunity for Datsun fans!"

So it seems that we will get to be on the track on Saturday.

Saturday- special 12:00 p.m. session for BRE tribute cars. (We may open this
up to additional cars based on participation.)

This is fantastic. Wouldn't it be great if John Morton would be  driving the
#46 Datsun 510 and lead the pack?

So anyway, drivers will need to sign a waiver below and we, the 510 group,
will plan to be on the track Saturday at noon. Get with Tom on Friday if
possible to sign your waiver and get a parade lap ticket. You don't want to
miss this one.

Wow. This is going to be GREAT!

See you all in 13 days.

David

Parade Lap Sessions- There will be SIX parade lap sessions over the course
of the Mitty weekend. To take part in these sessions, drivers must come to
the Classic Motorsports tent at 9:00 a.m. to sign the waiver and receive
their parade lap pass. These are issued on a first come, first served basis.
Each session is set for 100 cars. Each driver who wishes to participate must
be present to sign the waiver. Sessions will take place at the following
times-

Friday- 12:00 p.m. and 6:45 p.m.

Saturday- special 12:00 p.m. session for BRE tribute cars. (We may open this
up to additional cars based on participation.)

Sunday- 10:00 a.m., 10:20 a.m., and 5:15 p.m.

BRE Tribute cars- BRE Tribute cars (Inspired by or painted like the original
BRE racers) should stage Saturday morning at 11:00 a.m. in the parade lap
staging area for judging by Peter Brock himself. There will be signage
directing cars from the car corral area to the appropriate staging area. Get
there on time and greatly increase your chances for face time with Peter and
the BRE Team, and don't forget to bring a sharpie if you'd like an
autograph. The awards will be given out during the noon BRE ceremonies,
followed by a special parade lap session with the authentic BRE cars. Come
see me on Thursday or Friday to sign up for this portion of the event.
Parade lap tickets that are unassigned by Saturday morning at 9:00 a.m. will
be made available to others.
Datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $16.00