[Roadsters] incapable alignment shops, ahh well

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Roadsters] incapable alignment shops, ahh well
From: "O'Farrell, Fergus P (AS)" <Fergus.OFarrell@ngc.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2010 06:46:03 -0500
Did a complete teardown of the front suspension, all went together well.
(other than taking a long time to do it)

One thing I realized I did was install a spring perch rubber on the
driver side, when there was already one there. Got to the pass side and
wondered why it was such a strange fit, realized there was already an
old one there.  Ahh well.

Took it to 2 different alignment shops, neither could do it.  "My
machine only goes back to 1975."
The second one even called the machine maintenance company, and asked
them how to input  specs (Gordon's specs), and still couldn't do it.
So, I have an appointment with a hot rod custom alignment shop (yep,
shoulda gone there first...) on Wednesday, have to do the Solvang drive
as-is.

So my observation:
I installed comp springs (not the super comps), and the front ride
height has not dropped one bit.  Didn't think the old alignment settings
would hold up ride height.  I don't get it.

Fergus O
PS: in case anyone missed it, some of us will be early departures from
Solvang going south, going to do a backroads drive, 101 S to Carpinteria
/ Ojai / uptowards Taft / then backroads to Frazier Park / backroads to
Palmdale / maybe Angeles Crest or Francisquito or Lake Hughes back to
civilization.
Datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $16.00