[Roadsters] Solvang 2010 - Some Afterthoughts

To: Datsun Roadster Mail <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Roadsters] Solvang 2010 - Some Afterthoughts
From: Jeff Torres <jeffzster@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2010 12:15:54 -0700 (PDT)
Hello All,

Once again I would like to personally thank all of you who made the Solvang
Datsun Roadster Classic a great success this year! It was great seeing all of
our friends and sharing what we've all been doing for the past year. The
Solvang Roadster show has truly become a tradition for many, and also, has
been organized and run by several groups, clubs and Individuals through the
years. Although, each of these "organizers" has done things slightly
different, each has made a positive impact on the show and has insured it's
future success!

I had many people thank Gabby and I for all the "hard work" we put into the
show, and for all of you who do organize events like this, you know that is
true. That being said however, in my opinion it is a lot fun putting on the
show and don't consider it "work" pers se...when the time comes when I do
consider this "work", it will be time to pass the torch and I am sure there
will be someone or club that will be willing to take on continuing the great
Solvang tradition. I consider it an honor to organize the show and hold close
the notion that many Roadster people do mark their calendars for Solvang every
year! We will get next years date out ASAP so that you can mark it down, make
reservations, etc.

All that being said, this years show was great!  Although we had our hiccups,
1st St. being kinda messy, The city forgetting to open BBQ pits for our
banquet, over all it was a great show and from the many, many comments I
received , everybody had a great time. Of course there were the couple of gate
crashers who jumped our show and parked in the show area without
registering..I hear one of them has a history of doing these things! Watch out
for Camo painted  240 Z's....I was thinking maybe the person who painted their
Z camo was hoping they would "blend" and not be noticed by the show
crew..hehehe Anyway,  It was all great!

I think the addition of the JDM class and the Diamond in the Rough class were
great additions and brought out a variety of great "old School" Datsuns.
Thanks to Chris B. from SOCALROC for suggesting this.

While my wife and I run the Solvang Show it is our intention to bring as many
Roadsters together as possible. In fact, we are open to any old school Datsuns
out there and are happy to see cool and different JDM's at the show!

So until next year, keep those Roadsters runnin' and tell all your
friends about the show. I will be updating the Solvang Show website with the
winners of 2010 and upcoming Solvang Info. If you would like to see a current
list of winners SOLCALROC has them all listed on their website at
www.socalroc.net along with some great pictures!

Thanks again for everything!

Jeff & Gabby T.
Lemoore, CA